Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 12:00:10 -0700
From: reinder j bouma <rjbouma@wxs.nl>
Subject: RZ Sge sequence

I have prepared a chart for RZ Sge (see attachment) from a POSS-R plate
extracted from the DSS, which might be useful for visual observers when
RZ is starting to fade from its current outburst. I have selected
comparison stars from Misselt, and from Skiff's LONEOS photometric file
(underlined). I have compared this sequence to the preliminary
AAVSO-sequence. The bright part appears to be OK, but the faint end of
the AAVSO sequence evidently is absolute trash; e.g. compare AAVSO 147,
150, and 163, which actually are 140, 141 and 150... Strange that the
AAVSO sofar did not bother to update this miserable sequence; the good
quality Misselt/LONEOS photometry has been available for several years
now.
If you wish you may place this chart on the VSNET-homepage, or
distribute it via the VSNET-chart mailing list; the file is only 7.4 kB.

Best regards,
Reinder Bouma

Reinder J. Bouma          email: rjbouma@wxs.nl
Bekemaheerd 77               or: rjbouma@planet.nl
9737PR Groningen
The Netherlands           phone: +31 (0)50-5418227